Bayview Cabins Policies
Your Maine lake vacation should be a time of carefree relaxation…and here at Bayview Cabins, we want to provide the ideal setting for you and your family or friends to make great memories. We’ve put a few policies in place to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable stay in our cabin rentals.
- Our accommodations are rented weekly and shorter stays are available, with 2 or 3 night minimums required based on the time of visit.
- Room rates ($135 to $195 per night) and boat dockage fees vary based on time of visit, length of stay, number of guests, and occupancy factors. All rates are for the exact maximum occupancy stated for your cabin, and are subject to Maine lodging tax (9%). No extra overnight guests are allowed beyond the maximum capacity stated for each cabin.
- Room rates include parking, Wi-Fi, local concierge service, and all cabin supplies and amenities listed on our Amenities Page.
At Bayview Cabins:
- CHECK-IN is 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM with easy arrangements for self check-in afterwards. No early check-ins unless prior arrangements are made.
- CHECK-OUT is always by 11:00 AM so that we are ready for arriving guests.
- Sorry, but we cannot accommodate pets. Local kennels are available.
- Bayview Cabins is NON-SMOKING in all indoor areas, enclosed porches, and on the boat docks. Outdoor smoking is permitted on the property and open decks (units 12 A-B-C). The use of any item that burns (such as incense or candles) is not permitted. Your complete cooperation is appreciated and expected.
- Each cabin or unit has ONE onsite parking space. Additional vehicles, including ALL visitors, must use on-street (off-site) parking.
- Fireworks of any type are prohibited anywhere on Bayview Cabins property.
- Common courtesy and behavior is expected at all times while visiting Bayview Cabins, so that you and all other guests can enjoy their stay and a peaceful night’s sleep.
Deposits and Cancellations:
- Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly, as we do not overbook our cabins.
- If your plans change after confirmation, notice of cancellation must be received at least 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival in order to obtain a refund of your deposit. When shorter notice is received (less than 30 days) you are responsible for the full cost of your reservation, and we can only refund your deposit if we are able to sell your unit(s) to other guests for all nights you reserved. A $25 cancellation fee will be assessed when processing any refund.
- The cancellation policy also applies to changes in your arrival or departure date that result in a shorter stay. Refunds are not provided for late arrivals or early departures.
- DAY VISITORS: Anyone who is not registered as an overnight guest at check-in is considered a day visitor. Day visitors must sign in at the office and are charged a $10 fee per person, per day. No more than 2 day visitors per cabin/unit are permitted, and all day visitors must leave the premises by 8:00 PM. Visitors’ behavior and compliance with all policies is the responsibility of the registered guest. ALL visitor parking is off-site on the street – plan accordingly.
- OVERNIGHT GUESTS: incur additional charges and are limited by maximum occupancy for the cabin. Overnight guests must be registered at the office as an addition to your reservation.
- Yes, accidents happen even on vacation, and we must reserve the right to charge you for damages caused by anyone in your party (registered guests and visitors) during your stay at Bayview Cabins. We must have either a valid credit card or a cash security deposit on file just in case.